Writing can be facetious at times due to the usage of flippant and inappropriate writing skills, which can definitely harm your grades and results if you are a student who is required to submit a high quality of work on time for the academia. Writing for your higher educational institution is never easy and it should be regarded as the most serious undertaking you may ever come across during your learning years. This is with respect to the fact that majority of higher educational institutions are extremely unforgiving regarding any mistake or blunders within your paper, hence the scrutiny of your written work is quite strict and the margin of error is fairly low or negligible. You simply cannot take any chances with your written papers and any inaccuracies or miscalculations within your paper will never go unnoticed. In this post, we would like to offer some great advice that can help you to avoid some common pitfalls in academic writing and this will assist you in delivering a superb quality of written work for the academia while empowering you to earn the best of grades and results.
Uninteresting & Monotonous Work
You cannot simply expect to achieve a great feedback from your evaluators, instructors, professors, or teachers for that matter if you submit to them a boring and lackluster paper. If the readers are not able to find any appeal in your written work then most probably you need to re-write your paper since it has lost its purpose and will never provide you with the results you desire and seek. Here are some tips to make your work more interesting.
- Always keep your targeted audience in focus and provide them with information that is appealing and interesting to them.
- Remove repetition of statements or overly discussed ideas.
- Vary your sentence structure.
- Include anecdotes or any personal stories that are related to your subject matter and field of study.
- Offer your reader interesting facts and figures regarding your subjects and topics which will enhance their reading experience.
- Use non-written elements, such as image, diagrams, flow charts, bar graphs, pie charts, maps, or simply a table to make your work more engaging.
- Present arguments and individual opinions that are controversial in nature and then defend them through your writing.
Dishonesty & Poor Credibility
We all know that copy-pasting someone else’s work is not at all acceptable and that all higher education institutes across the globe simply abhor plagiarism regardless of whichever form or format it is found to be in. However, another thing which bothers a lot of readers is the fact that someone uses dishonest claims in their writing to say something which is not true and misleads them. Such kind of work makes the credibility of writer hit rock-bottom and their work’s integrity is lost forever. Here is what you can do to make yourself credible and let your work be judged as completely trustworthy in the eyes of course instructors:
- Always keep your work original and 100% unique
- Re-check your documents using a renowned and reliable plagiarism checking software.
- Present valid information within your documents that have been adequately researched using authentic sources only.
- Include your reference and citations after making sure that they are genuine and come from a respectable and distinguished place of origin.
- Revise your documents to see that everything is mentioned in complete accuracy and that there are no miscalculations or misrepresentations of any factual information that you may have used within your paper.
- Never forget to deliver a complete bibliography section at the end of your paper separately that comprise of all quotations, citations, and references you have used in your writing and clearly mention the source’s name, author name, page number, publisher’s name, and date of publishing.
- Follow an approved referencing system as advised by your teacher’s guideline and recommendations.
Finally the last of your concern is to avoid difficult, challenging and problematic composition of documents that can prove too much for the readers to digest. Here are some tips to improve the composition of your document:
- Use shorter sentences with 20 words maximum in one sentence.
- Keep your paragraphs short as well, not more than 250 words at maximum.
- Use interconnecting statements throughout your document to create a natural flow within your work.
- Use transition words and adjoining words to connect sentences.
- Keep your vocabulary simple and easy to understand and avoid using difficult terminologies as well as ambiguous clichés and jargons.
We hope that the aforementioned tips and guidelines will assist you in avoiding the common pitfalls in writing when composing a paper for the academia. However, if you consider them to be too exhaustive and unbearable to accomplish during your difficult times then perhaps seeking professional assignment writing help online will provide you with the support you need to accomplish academic success.